Quote:

Ryan
was this your daily driver car? .(ramcharger)
i vaguely remember you mentioning a coronet as a driver...
if your doing it that blue...its gonna look sweet..
you dont have the dart any more ?...its been a while seems i remember an orange dart..

No, This is my '68 RR clone that use for a daily driver (when weather cooperates) I drove this every day from mid April 2009- till early Novemeber & then put it in storage for winter, put almost 8000 miles on it in that time.... fuel milage is ridiculous, (3.91 gears, 4200 stall, & 550+HP & 3700 lbs aerodynamic as a barn door) & with estimated gas costs by Spring I will probably not drive it every day this year.... Gas is already $2.80 a gallon here in dead of winter, so by Summer I'm sure it will be $3.20-$3.50 or more.... It's just ridiculous to waste so much $ just to try to drive one of these things every day, I did it this year just to kind of shut some people up who talk about "street cars, & drivers" who never actually drive their cars on the street. Pay no attention to the 7.73 dial in, that was I think first day I had car to track this year with a 2000 stall mancini converter. It ended up running best of 11.24 @ 121 MPH with a 1.57 60'. Weighs 3700 exactly with me in it & the Hoosier Drag Radials/Alum drag wheels on it. I run it around most of time with a set of M/T Indy profiles & Matching Cragar S/S's on the back. Put 41 passes on it this Summer/fall, did'nt break anything all year & car has only let me sit once in 8000 miles, & that was thanks to a JUNK brand new MP fuel pump that failed in less than 100 miles. Other than that it has been a GREAT driver....Car handles great, runs cool, all lights work, idles @ 800 RPM, starts instantly, no matter what the weather like, turns heads wherever I take it, & is just overall just fun to drive..... I got screaming deal on car off of Ebay early in the year & then went through all the mechanical & did my own motor/trans/rear/electrical/brakes etc. I may sell it this year, not sure... don't have a huge attachment to it, just wanted to get a car to drive to tide me over till the S. Bee is done. If I do keep it, it's going to get new bumpers, body re-done in orange, new Black top & interior converted from current Gold to Black next Winter.....I will take the Bee to my grave with me... I have WAY too much $ in it to ever even contemplate selling it. I could never justify taking the loss on it, plus it has been built exactly how I wanted, there was no compromises made anywhere on it....It's pretty much my "dream car" There are few minor things I may change over time but overall it's darn close to exactly what I have always envisioned.... I also plan on driving the SuperBee at least once a week this year once it's done on nice days... It may not be as hard on fuel as the Big Block if I keep it out of boost? We'll see.

I still want to get my hands on a '70 Charger @ some point in future & do one in black & red, probably a Big Block driver type deal like the RR. Anyone reading this that has either a '68 or '70 Charger & may be interested in the '68 RR in some sort of a trade email me LOL.

My Dart has been sold, new owner has it @ a chassis shop somewhere I do believe. He is an aquaintence of one of my friends in State College, although I've never met the guy. Supposedly he has an injected Hemi of some sort for in it & is planning on doing some type of Nostalgia S/S type deal with it?? Dunno, don't really care. Never really had much of an attachment to that car as well... was just a cheap car I was able to afford to play with while in College. I get crap from some about it not being "anything special, or overly nice" But man I dunno how many 22/23 year olds have a 10 second street car while they are going to college... It was best I could do with what I had & I did everything on that car myself.... body, paint, mechanicals etc..It was a GREAT learning experience.... First 1/4 panels I ever put on were on that car.... Were they as nice as the job being done on my Bee? Hell no, but there is some satisfaction in doing things yourself as well...

But at this point in life, I don't have time or patience to try to build car of that caliber by myself, that's why I had Bob G. do the chassis & am having the body & paint done elsewhere.

I'll post a pic of my old Dart in a sec....

5726247-100_1037.jpg (258 downloads)