Quote:

Quote:

My cousin got all of it for like $60 in Branson. I got my stuff that's on the car now from two different places in Joplin. So.......ya, I'm running the used calipers that I bought in Joplin. I guess roundie rounders have been welding the brackets on dirt cars for awhile now on phord 9in's.

I sure wish I could have got all of the parts for even $100. I was referred to a Jeep place in Branson that had supposedly sold the parts for cheap. Well I didnt get the parts cheap. In fact they made sure and pull the backing plate and any parking brake parts off of the brackets. Jee whizz.

I dont know why you would use the JGC brackets and dang sure cant see why you would weld them on a 9 inch for a dirt car. The cheap Afco weld on brackets are only 25 bucks and the calipers are dirt cheap, around 15 a side. At least that is what I and alot of other guys used on dirt cars with 9 inchers.

Don't know why they would do it. I was just repeating what the guys at the salvage yard was saying when I went and bought the calipers and the little rubber brake lines at the second place. I know what you mean by wish you could of got them that cheap. He got his stuff cheaper that I got mine, cause I didn't have the e-brake stuff.

As a matter of fact the first salvage yard didn't want to sell me just the brackets. They wanted to sell me the whole rearend. I was like I don't want the whole rearend. I'm retrofitting this on an old car.

When I said $125 in mine thats just with new rotors and pads. I reused the hoses and the calipers. I bought some pizza for the guys in the shop here at work to do the machining for the green bearings.

Moparlee