Quote:

and what the swap cost you.
seems like a cheap easy swap for rear discs using junk yard parts...but is it really cheaper than some of the kits on the market?

I've heard of this from several places, but a few years ago, I posted the question on here, and didn't get much response, if any. so I figured that if anyone had done it, it was NOT easy, and NOT cheaper than kits currently available.

I've got $125 in mine with out the e-brake, which will change once I'm done with it. That's a lot better than a $500 dollar kit. Anyways that the cheapest kit I've seen. I can also go up to the parts house and buy parts.

Oh, and no welding required.

It's all in where your at when it comes to prices. My cousin up in K.C. got the same stuff cheaper than I got the stuff out of the salvage yard down in Branson, MO. So......I ended up with his stuff, cause he sold his car before putting them on. So now I have the e brake stuff.

As far as the 8 1/4 rear, it's too easy for that, cause the rear ends in the GC's are basically the same set up. They use the c-clip's to hold the axles in. So no need it drilling the fifth hole. Oh, you do need longer studs, which I went to the dealer ship and order some from a 2005 1/2 ton truck with rear disk brakes. Theses are the studs that hold the backing plate on the c-clip rears or the the same studs for the green or original bearings for the axles in the 8 3/4 rears.

Clear as mud?

Moparlee