addiction to speed came from my father as a HD mechanic/flat track racer/tuner. I started flat tracking motorcycles across the field from Milan dragway at Victory park around 1975-6. spent the next 12 years racing flat track motorcycles, a few professionally. unfortunately my father had no interest in cars and I was on my own for my next speed addiction. He wasn't a highly educated guy but when it cam to HD engines he was one of the best and built some of the fastest XR750's in the country. Then had a stroke in 1994 and was disabled and never saw me drag race before he died in 2008.

Mopars? originally have to blame it on my next door neighbor's son who was a couple years older and had a couple 69 Dart street cars. We had another neighbor who had a 71 Duster out back that I finally talked into selling me for my first car. Messed around with the leaning tower of power for a year or so, headers, shift kit, 8 3/4, etc. Swapped it out for a 340/727/3.91 and started bracket racing while in college at US131. Had a "friend" wreck it and switched the drivetrain into a 67 vert Barracuda. The track didn't like the lack of roll bar/cage with it running low 13's and respecting it's worth as an original sold it to a friend to "build" a race car. There were a few more Mopar street cars in there along the way but nothing of significance.

Well the first attempt at a home built chassis car never got finished, 83 Charger with Alston kit. Then bought a 65 Dart, tubbed it, added a 12 point, had it pretty much rolling but ended up selling it because of the next opportunity.

Opportunity? coworker and fellow SC/SG racer "Captain BS" and board member SC304 helped get me in over my head with my sig car. Steady progress down to 8.0 resulted in the quest for 7's "on a budget" and the parting out and selling off of that engine to build a Predator engine. Being stubborn and old school it has to be NA, and has been two years in the build so far....

blah blah blah...