Quote:

gee, you changed the suspension (which should hook much better) and a converter with 1200 RPM more stall? well, that's an apples to kumquats comparison. to be fair, you really should have run the 727 with the same or comparable converter on the old suspension.

I'm guessing the majority of the 60' time improvement it due to the converter and suspension, not the tranny itself.

put cal-tracks and a 4k stall converter on the 46RE, I bet it would have sped up about the same.

It was built 46RE, not a stock 46RE by any means, and had a non lock up valve body in it...It was like a 3 speed with the OD off. SO it was as good as a 46RE can get.

My old suspension was relocated QA1 shocks, it never spun out of the hole, hooked like crazy. I changed it because I, well, I wanted too.

I agree on the stall helping out...but my old cam and manifold were not working with the higher stall.

A big differance is the PCM controlled the 1-2 shift on the 46RE, I made the 2-3. My 727 is full manual, so it's not bouncing off the rev limiter on the 1-2.

Hard to compare apples to apples on a 46RE to 727 swap if the 46RE is computer controlled, and the 727 driver controlled...But there's no way in you know what I'm going back to a 46RE.

2001 Dodge Dakota
408 All Motor
11.27 @ 117.83 mph
2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion.