Lol...I did a double take on that pics for a second, my first reaction was OH CRAP Someone has been in our shop and took a pic ! Oh....that was me, and you just posted it for clarity, but it threw me.

The ProTrans, and I did talk to Dave directly a couple times, the real issue for us wasnt the quality or the cost, but turnaround time and our availability of spares in a bind. His lead time on it was greater than our pretty agressive schedule. Were talking about tracking the car 45 days from the time we got it back to our shop. So we opted for a lightened 904 alloy except the sunshell, and we have 2 of those coming, they just take a while to make. Should have it by Pomona....well see....noone is sure how one will hold up in this application so Im a little leary to run it there on the 6.1 Nothing bad about em, I even forgot until today why we didnt go with one.....our 904 in a auto car should be fine. And it was set up by the guy who built our valve body so I know its right for that and there are some tranny mods needed done for that. But also costing , the ProTrans is worth it but for 5k and some change I can carry 2 904's and have a hot spare.

The 8 3/4 well with the Moser case its a bit beefier, well a lot beefier, it actually cost $200 more than a 60 from Mike with moly tubes.....it will weigh about 15 pounds less at a minimum than an aftermarket 60 with moly tubes. With an aftermarket 489 nodular case we have, 35 spline axles, and an alloy strange spool (we bought the last 2 they made well over a year ago....dont know if theyre going to produce more or not but we bought the last 2 they had, lightened 4.86 pro gears, on this we can carry a spare chunk with a 2 tenths variance 4.88 in a treated gear. Its got billet caps and adjusters, dosent scare me in an auto car in the least, its very very nice. An 8 3/4 is MUCH easier to fix fast trackside with a spare chunk, than a 60 at least for me.

Im not worried about the rear end or the trans. are they BULLETPROOF ? No....not by any stretch, are they light, hell yes, are they adequate ? I hope so, granted a ProTrans is probably a couple hundreths faster, and stronger, and....heavier, not much but these cars are fat as it is. So everything counts. We could build it bulletproof and heavier, and slower and never break a thing, or we could run it light and fast and expect breakage, but we expect it are prepared for it and hope to run fast because of it. (the old man just chimed in not the breakage of course The weight

Cheers

Chris