Sorry, would love to bring it out and show it off, and especially to meet you guys, but the car will be in Pomona, Ca for the WinterNationals and then to Vegas, and Texas, and Gainesville Fla. So it will be a while before we get back to Ohio with the car.

But we won't be leaving until right after Christmas, so come on by and touch and feel it. We are putting back together right now, will measure for our driveshaft, and then pull the engine to tear it down and make our final mods.

Other questions asked were: 1: What tranny and rear end? 2: And did we do class racing before?

We are running a 904 with some sweet internals by Paul at Trans Action. A lot of folks think a 727 Pro Trans is the way to go, but our 904 is in a truck case with extra ribbing and reinforcment that nobody knew existed until we found it wil hold up to the strain. We are also using a chrysler 8 3/4 rear end with lightened Richmond Pro Gears and gun drilled axles.

In both cases, we opted for lighter units than 727 and Dana 60, with a good understanding that we will be every bit as strong as the other guys in the classes we run. If we were all out in Super Stock class, we probably would have gone ProTrans, and Dand 60.

2. As for class racing before this.. Not since the 60's and it was all different then. I drove C/MP Ford Falcon and a 56 Chevy whose class I can't recall. But now that I am retired (atually have lung cancer from Asbestos) and had a few extra dollars I decided this is what I wanted to do. But we have two different National Class Winners in foot braking classes ready to drive for us, until we either get our points accumulated, or determine that they really are better drivers than we are.

David

Last edited by NewHemiRacing; 12/20/09 02:12 PM.