Quote:

Actually it's more than just pins. The plastic fills whatever gap there may be between the tube and the solid shaft.
This adds friction. Trust me I needed to hammer away at it to separate them. In an accident the forces are great and the shaft
would collapse. NITROUSN, what would you suggest other than epoxy?
Jules

Jules I really dont know. For the most part what you are doing will be fine. Your work always looks excellent by the way. If one was to know exactly what the factory used you might be able to find it and use it. Most likely it was a procedure that pulled the liquid into the void. Some sort of vacuum to pull it through to eliminate voids. The repair kits were like a loctite product. You left the teflon on the shaft. Marked the shafts for assembley. Used a primer or promoter on the two areas and put a liquid around the teflon and quickly slid the shafts togeather to the correct length. Then There was a cure time which was like 24 hours. Like I said they quit marketing the kit for liability. For now I would keep doing what you are. I hear of others bolting, riviting, and even welding the shafts togeather.

Last edited by NITROUSN; 03/31/08 01:44 PM.