Quote:

Karl, Let's be real here. There's no way you can tell me that panel was in worst shape after then before! Come on! There was some serious damage to that panel in the middle reflection section. Did you try to place it on your car prior to sending it to me? I've sent you emails telling you to send it back and I'll go through it again. I've even since bought a better core and offered to restore that for you, but you have not responded to those offers, so what's going on with that? As it stands right now you have a free panel since you cancelled the check and stuck UPS with the bill on this restoration. Call me at 810-395-7162 to resolve this, I no longer have your phone number on file. Matt @ MCB / Mopar Metal Restoration.

Since I took a month off of work to assemble this car and get it to Vegas, I've been pretty busy getting caught up. I left you messages on both your #'s the day the panel arrived, and didnt hear a word back except for a voicemail left on my home # while we were in Vegas. I called you back, left the same #'s you already had, and didnt hear anything back until UPS got involved. I also emailed you on 4/23 asking if there was going to be any attempt at resolving this... Didn't hear anything back till the 7th of May, via email.
BTW, our check was made payable to you, not UPS. We placed a stop payment on the check when we didnt hear anything back from you via email, cell phone, etc. and according to both our bank, as well as UPS, we were well within our rights to do so. UPS told us (after we'd already put the stop payment on the check), that they were not going to forward payment on to you until the matter was resolved. Unforunately UPS did send your payment on, and once that had happened, agreed to help us resolve the situation by contacting you on our behalf.
The panel was supposed to be restored, not just 'better' than the way it was sent to you... I could have made it 'better' here with a scuff pad and some black krylon, but I sent it to you to be RESTORED.
I actually purchased that panel from a board member. Once it arrived here, I held it up to the car with the taillight housings installed. With the exception of the areas around the ding in the drivers taillight corner, it fit pretty well. I have three huge .bmp pics of the panel on the car it came off of, seemed to fit that car rather well too. These weren't hand-made, individually-fitted-to-each-car-by-english-tinsmith parts, this is just regular old assembly line trim. The car itself had lower quarter patches, not full quarters put on it.
If the core was so rough, why didnt you express that upon receiving it? Why tell me that turn time would be three weeks, and it'd be restored, down to polishing the center reflector, if it wouldn't/couldn't be done?
You & I have conversed by email since your last post, and hopefully are somewhat closer to rectifying the matter, and if that can be done, great, and you'll be a stand up guy. Sorry if you dont agree with what we posted, but it's a pretty black & white issue to us.