Quote:

Quote:

Wow, I didn't realize that the lower bushing required the old metal, I will order new rubber ones from Rockauto.

Is there any benefit to using polyurethane for the rest of the bushings? The upper control arm, sway bar, torsion bar, etc?

At this point, the only upgrade I plan on making to the front end is power disc brakes. In the far future I may go to power steering instead of the manual steering it came with but I am a ways from having the car on the road and would have to feel the manual steering before I change it out.

Thanks

Yes, there are benefits for cars built for handling that don't want thier bushings flex under heavy cornering. But with that more road vibration is translated from the road to the body. Also, they can squeak over time.

Are you planning to do other suspension upgrades to your car??

I'd run moog 7103 bushings installed for more caster following the instructions below. Don't follow the instuction in the box. Even with manual steering, just 2 degrees of positive caster can give you more cruising speed. stability. Rest of the alignment specs can be set basically to stock.

[image]
]http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/susp/img/1MAsusp4.JPG[/image]

I dont plan on any upgrades as far as for road racing, the only racing I would do is on the street and straight ahead. I have seen kits to change to rack and pinion, tubular control arms, etc. I dont plan on any of that, I think stock will suffice for me most of the time.