Quote:

No I did not notice anything wrong with damper upon inspection. It did have maybe 1/16" wobble at crank pulley compared to dead on straight with Summit or rebuilt damper. Here are close up pics. If you look at closely at about 1 o'clock you can see the rubber ring just slight deformed. On back side if you looked really close you could see just the slightest bulge at 7 o'clock (opposite side). Anyway bottom line- didn't really look like it was messed up to me.

Damper Doctor actually added a bit of confusion to the mix even tho they fixed the problem. My block is 1989-1992 360 truck motor (junkyard receipt) but Damper Doctor receipt said my damper was 1993. When I called to verify boss wasn't in, when I called back assistant said Doctor said receipt incorrect, damper was 1992. Never said if they found anything wrong, just rebuilt per request. Cost was $112 including shipping. Mailed Priority Thursday, got back Wednesday

Sometimes the hub can shift it position, in
relationship to where the TDC (0 Mark) is as
it was made in the factory. The movement could
be slight enough, that to the untrained eye it
could look normal. Rubber DOES deteriorate with
age, and that is a major contributor to damper
problems/engine vibration. As far as the noise
level and "droning", I believe that a good
exhaust setup with a crossover would solve your
noise problem. Part of the problem is the chioce in mufflers, some are not as good as others.
Check around before you plunk down your cash
for them. It is a matter of balancing noise/
quality/performance here, don't be afraid to do
your homework on this. You might be surprised to
choose a system that would net you maybe 20 hp
more than your current setup, and be a lot more
quieter while cruising. Food for thought! Also
your carb air/fuel ratio and jetting is involved in this too. Have it "fine tuned" after replacing
the system. You could pull a couple more "free
ponies" and make your ride more efficient too.
That would be easier on your wallet at the pump
and "Joe Law" would be happy too, not writing you a noise ticket. All in all a better cruiser.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)