Eureka and thank you all for your answers and expertise!!!

PLEASE SEE MY UPDATED POST 1/12/10- The mount did NOT contribute to vibration. Only make it worse if you already have a problem.

I found and solved most of the vibration problem by ditching my brand new heavy duty Prothane polyurethane transmission mount for a cheap Auto Zone made in China/stock rubber one. It was the only option I could try with out a lot of time and effort. Unbelievable the difference!!! The Prothane metal looks twice as thick and well constructed with beefy round poly bushing. My original mount looked looked like stock mount but no sleeve or tube to encase the bushing between the vertical supports. It did have a poly bushing in it that went bad and when I ordered a replacement I figured why not upgrade. Now with the new stock style mount I have a slight shaking vibration at about 1800 rpm (still in the same area- firewall/steering wheel/gas pedal) but car is totally drivable, just slightly annoying. I plan next to try a stock style mount with new poly bushing to see if that is better. Anyone have a spare old original mount they don't need?

The droning is still there from about 60-85 mph but my intuition tells me that is my pinholed mufflers

My original mount looked looked like stock mount but no sleeve or tube to encase the bushing between the vertical supports. It did have a poly bushing in it that went bad and when I ordered a replacement I figured why not upgrade. AND I threw the old mount out when I put in the Prothane mount.

Last question- anyone else have original stock mount without that sleeve/tube to support the bushing? Maybe whoever put in the aftermarket bushing removed it? Bushing did seem to fit many years ago...

Prothane #1603-BL mount that did not help my vibration issue

Last edited by Hazwoy; 01/12/10 08:00 PM.