Ok, I really don't see myself having the time to really get into the body again until after Thanksgiving as the business is still a " full time job". So, I figured I'd get the power plant started. I've gone through lots of back and forth on correct and FUN and I've finally come to the conclusion that I'm really doing this for me and plan to keep this car 'till I die! Screw correct! I'm not going to be shaving door handles and what not but I do think some extra power and handling upgrades are in order. After all, it's 2010 and this is not a #'s car anyway! I do plan to keep the original paint scheme and not totally screw up the original guys thoughts on this car but I do feel that some upgrades are in order.
That being said, I've decided on building a 496" stroker motor out of the 383 hp motor I have. I did quite a bit of research on all of the various vendors who make the rotating assemblies and decided, after multiple and lengthy conversations with Kim at 440 Source, to go ahead with the big block Chrysler guys over there. I found out that they were recently bought out and don't actually do any work on the parts any more but after talking with Kim extensively I still feel that with the correct planning and communication with my machinist, this should all turn out to be a fun and satisfying project.
My goal is to build a motor in the 600 to 700 hp range that will be streetable and run on pump gas. I'm no genious when it comes to engines. Well, let me just say that I've really never been succesful on building a high horsepower motor that I could really be proud of. I feel that along with all of the other things I'm learning about this project, I should also be able to walk-the-walk on the performance side as well.
After much reading and watching the How To Super Tune video from Wayne Smothers, I now have enough knowledge to know when to ask questions!
Again, this is for your pleasure only. Don't consider the things that I do to be necessarily the right thing but more the way I chose to do them.