Quote:

The "C" on the pad means "Special Rods & Pistons". That is a six pack block. There should also be a "C" on another spot on that block if it's a real six pack and someone hasn't just put the C on the pad. I'll PM you with that location.

Sorry dude, I'm calling BS on that one, I've owned more than one numbers matching 1970 440 Six Pack car and NONE of them have had the magical "C" you mentioned. I'm not saying that SOME may have had a "C" stamp, but it's certainly not something that positively identifies any 440 as a six pack block, there is only one way to do that and that is to match the blocks VIN sequence# to an original 440 Six pack car, as far as cranks and rods go, all 70 440's used the same rods and cranks, the Six Packs did use unique pistons which had valve reliefs on both sides, but that's an easily changed out componant so unless you know for certain the engines never been appart it's not sure bet. PERIOD END OF STORY!

Same goes for your comment about "secret" numbers stamped into cars in hidden places (other than the already well known locations). I hate crooks and thieves as well but that's pure fantasy urban legend.