Quote:

I have an 83 Rampage, std trans. I found an 89 LeBaron GTS w/auto w/a 2.2L turbo as a donor car. What issues would I have to face besides swapping out the engine? I have to deal w/California emissions. O2 sensor, pressurized fuel, is my current exhaust system adequate after the swap, wiring, cooling system w/radiator and fan, adding the brain box are all things that I am concerned about.

Motor and trans will swap right in. You will need to change to axles from a 89+ auto trans dodge omni. There was an axle shaft change, the inner splines on the axles changed so your 89 trans will not work with your 83 axles.

For fuel system you will either need to add a walbro 255 in-line universal fuel pump or switch to a pickup assembely from a fuel injected omni/shelby charger. However if you do this you will still be missing the in-tank fuel sump the efi models had, unless you buy a new tank at that time.

Rad/fan will be fine. Your existing exhaust system will be adequate, although not great for performance. I don't know what you can get away with there, but the fwd vendors sell 3" exhaust systems w/ cat converter.

Wiring will be your biggest hurdle. You have several options. First option is to splice and dice the harness from the lebaron together with your rampage harness. I have done this before, it works but I do not recommend it. It takes a lot of time and knowledge of the chrysler efi system and overall is just a pain in the rear. Your second option would be to find an engine harness from a 87 or earlier shelby charger or turbo omni, those are the only plug and play harnesses to fit your vehicle. Although you will need to cut a hole in your firewall for the wires to the computer. A 88+ shelby charger harness will work, but the bulkhead connector changed its layout so you'd need to either rewire that to your bulkhead connector or change your dash harness to the 88+. Also if you have an 88+ dash harness, an engine wiring harness from a turbo minivan will plug right in if you move two wires on it, for the wiper system. Hope that's about as clear as mud for you, lol.