Steve,

It wasn't the best showing for us. Thanks for the prayers. We had problems right off the trailer. I didn't touch anything on the car from the last race, other than an oil change. We had horrible bogging issues off the line, then the car would pick up and run the normal MPH at the other end. I drained the fuel tank and rebuilt the carbs at home. I'm still waiting for new needles and seats to finnish it off.

To top that off, my seven year-old son, Tommy suffered from a bad migrane headache. After losing first round, he got sick to his stomach. Too little food and sleep catches up to him. Instead of rebuilding the carbs in the hotel bathroom Friday night, we decided to head for home. Tough decision, but a good one in hindsight.

I'm glad to hear your son did so well on Saturday. I heard John Wareheim's Chevelle was in the final. He was leading the 422 points by at least 25 points before the race. This should seal the championship for him.

Missing the 422 race essentially eliminated us from the points race. We were in 2nd going in, but now I'm sure I'm out of the top ten. Oh well...that's racing.