Reading back over every thing it looks like your distributer is advancing too fast anmd probably too much. That motor will want a lot of initial advance like 18 degrees minimum, of course now it will run like crap if you do that because it is advancing it too much too early. You need to take apart the distributer and put stiffer springs in it. Also can probably put in a shorter advance plate so you get less total witch since you are advancing the initial will really keep the total about the same. Your motor will want a lot of initial but not too much total like mabey 36-38 total. If you do tha math you start with 38 and subtract 18 for the initial you have 20 left you need to get mechanically so you plate should say 10 degrees on it witch will give you 20 degrees at the crank. You need tight springs so it don't start advancing until 1000 and max out at about 2000-2200.

You need to put the distributer to rest once and for all and eliminate it as the problem.

After that you can move on to a carb problem. Your motor will probably end up makeing more vacume than any of those carbs were desighned to handle so the idle circuits will need some modifying. I noticed my motor always wanted more fuel at idle than the carter carbs both TQs and AFBs would give it. Don't give up though they can be fixed but eliminate the distributers timing curve first.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!