I know Im bringing this thread back from the dead, but I have been messing with this car off and on for a while now. I have done a compression test, and all cylinders are averaging 135 across all eight. Squirting oil in the cylinders doesnt make any difference at all. I also swapped intake manifolds from the stock cast iron TQ manifold to a Performer for testing purposes. The vacuum is still what I consider low, but rock steady (16-17 in park at 1000rpm, and 12-13 in gear at 600rpm) I degreed the cam and it is in at 106*, which is what Comp says. I changed the converter and now its stalling at 1600 all the time. This motor has all of about 4000 miles on it, and has never smoked or had one bit of blowby. I cant understand why the compression test would turn up such low numbers. The only thing I can think is the cam.

Ive been looking at some of Summits cam and lifter kits. I have heard many good things about them for the price. I am not looking to build a racecar out of this boat, but I would like to have some low end torque since 99% of the driving I do is city.

I dont want to start throwing parts at it, but since the Summit cams have a fairly good reputation for what they are...would the K6900 or K6901 be a better choice for a heavy car like this?

1969 Nova
454/M21/3.31
Mild mid-11 second weekend cruiser

1994 F150 XLT Super Cab 2WD
5.0/4R70W/3.55
(Daily driver)