Just so you guys don't think Indy saves all of their magic for Mopar guys, they have spread it to us AMC guys as well. The Indy AMC blocks both my friend and I bought have had a LOT of issues and they aren't even in the cars yet. Cam bearings, what a mess. The only bore that was the right size was the rear #5. The rest were smaller by up to .006". Indy pressed them in and then honed them a LOT. I re-honed the bores and pinned the bearings, not taking their word on anything.

Then there is the crank main bores. They decided to make them BB Mopar size. That's close, only .002" too big. Is that a problem?? LOL Their solution was to have it sent back to them so they could line bore it. After seeing what they did to the first one, no way on the second one. I'll be using .001" stainless shim stock under the bearings. Yep, that's why you buy a new block.

How about all the pipe plug holes that are only tapped a few threads? Bell housing bolt holes that go into the water jacket? And the list goes on.

OK, sorry, rant over.