Quote:

So, here are my options!

MSD wires soldered to plug from orange box plugged into stock distributor
Green soldered to Grey w/Black tracer plugs into Black
Purple soldered to Brown w/ white tracer plugs into Grey

OR

Purple soldered to Grey w/Black tracer plugs into Black
Green solderd to Brown w/ white tracer plugs into Grey

Like I said, it probably will trigger either way, but will probably affect rotor phasing. All I know to suggest is try it and check it, or call MSD You'd think for the money they charge, they'd specify which.

I plan on it when I have the opportunity during business hours, and I can look at some things again...looking at a diagram online, it looks like the female side of the plug on the distributor is the negative...the MSD diagram is actually quite helpful, except my distributor wires are black and grey, not black and orange like MSD shows. I assumed the black on my distributor is still the negative and I have a grey for positive instead of red...I just wanted to verify first from someone who might have "been there, done that"

then the comment about the female/male side of the plugs triggered the idea to look at the diagram again, looks as if the female plug on the distributor IS the negative, as this diagram indicates...but, I don't have my distributor infront of me to verify that MY black wire also goes to the female side of the distributor plug.

once I look at it all again and verify a few things, I'll give MSD a call.

5343231-MSDdiagram.JPG (5044 downloads)

**Photobucket sucks**