Quote:

I have been looking for one for my 440

where you find the sneaky pete jackson gear drive?

does the cat one in the OP fit with out the oil slinger and no mods???

I take it a thrust button is a must with one??

I'd recommend either a Milodon plate style, or if you desire the "floater" style, I'd be leary of paying $59 dollars? off Egag fot the "cat" one?,.....I never heard of it,....I've used Jegs gear drives, about $300, Pete Jackson only makes a sm blk Mopar "floater", no big Blk yet?,....you must have a 3 bolt cam in a Bblk application, regardless of the vendor used,....Jegs # are 20360 or 20361 quiet/noisey, www.jegs.com

I've always eliminated the slinger( if you've torn down enough "factory" built motors, you'd be surprised how many forgot the slinger at assy!), no leaks, just put a quality seal in the cover, and grease the seal lip and shaft for start up, never start up on a dry seal, regarding the cam button, yes, that's a must, you must space it properly with the cover so that the cam dosen't have exscessive "walk", during operation

If you take the time to fully understand/and install the drive PROPERLY, you'll never see timing vari, like it can with a chain, and unless your engine has some major trauma in it's life, you'll never need a timing set, I've seen gear drives go 100K miles plus with no issuses