Quote:

Quote:

Also I am running a steel crank 440 engine. On steel crank engines they are internally balanced, no added weight on torque converter. If you are running a cast crank 440 engine you will need a balanced flex plate or some kind of a balanced torque converter. Maybe one from a 360 would work not sure on that someone better on transmission could answer that. Or maybe knock the weight off your 440 T.C. and tack weld it to the Lockup T.C. in the postion it was on the 440 T.C.
Larry

I wasn't aware that the cast crank 440s had weights on the converter or flexplate. My cast crank 440 has a balancer that says "used on cast cranks only". Am I still going to need a weighted converter to put my 727 behind it in my truck? I don't have the original converter anymore so I can't verify if it had any weights on it.

Or you just need an earlier 518 thats not a lockup, then you can use any torque converter, stock or aftermarket for your application. I knew aftermarket converter will run $2-300 I bet. and LU converter selection is limited.

Larry were able to find a LU converter for yours?

VP of Mopar Muscle Cars of Austin
70 Challenger
www.mopar.org