Quote:

I bought this 68 GTX with 440 automatic. It has a 750 double pumper which i'm going to replace with an Edelbrock 800 Thunder series. It has a racer brown cam in it of unknown specs. Very lumpy idle. Very poor vacuum. Way too much cam. Motor was rebuilt about 5000 miles ago according to previous owner. Has Torker intake Mopar ignition with orange box and headers. I'm looking for a good cam that will be very torque on bottom end. Something will make plenty of power from around 1500 to 5500 RPM. Would like to be able to put the power breaks back in the car. I made this mistake before installing to big a cam for a basically stock motor. I put a mopar 509 purple shaft in my Road Runner with 440 six pack 4 speed. It made less power then with stock cam. Any of you guy's have any suggestions? I was looking at some of the Lunati VOODO cams? Any thoughts? I want to keep it hydraulic.

You could start by NOT undercarbing your 440 like too many people on here seem to do. A holley 750 is nowhere near enough for that motor with that kind of cam....especially if it still has the same jetting it came with out of the box. And an edelbrock 800 will not be a step in the right direction either. Sure, they have good just off idle response in their accelerator shot, but they are lean as heck form there out becuase they do not hold any danged fuel.

You need a holley 850 double pumper for that motor that is properly jetted and fitted with squirters and eccelerator pump cams to compliment said jetting.
You will not recognize the motor in the world of difference in its runability and performance.