Hey guys, I told you I would get back to you all.
I finally got the distributor dailed in with the help of a good friend. I went ahead and JB welded
the slot length. I shorten up to 19 degrees mechanical advance from 26 which the distributor already had. Now I am at 15 or 16 degrees idle and approx. 34-35 at 2400 rpm's. The advance is coming in at about 950. I originally had it with the springs I put in it coming in at about 1300 which was way too late so I changed one spring for a mopar perf. light spring. Feels real good no jerking like I had after shortening slots and putting in what appeared to be 2 medium springs. Hooked up vacuum advance and at 2500 rpm's have a total of 49 degrees advance. I also rejetted the avs650 and changed metering rods.From .095 and .068x.047 rods to .098 mains and .070x.0475.
A little more fuel on the power side I know. Idle is not what I would like, I still have a little vacuum in my port vacuum line going to the dist. but I am able to adjust the vacuum advance to not come in at idle. I also tried hooking up to manifold vacuum but when I start it cold it wants to shake some. It also ran about 10-15 degrees cooler today given that the temps really didn't get in the middle 80's. I also changed the secondary jets from .098 to .100. I know the book for these carbs. say to go up the same amount as the mains but!! It didn't run too bad at .098 before the change so I figured lets give this a try. Idle is at 750-780. Wel we will see what happens. Talk to ya all later!!