Okay guy's update. I took her out for a 20 min. drive down the highway this morning in 82 degree temp. I got off the exit about 7 miles down at the temp of engine was around 195. I came to a stop light and it was idling at 855 and I left the house at 850, so the problem I had before wasn't their at that time. I got back home and put the timing light on and vacuum gauge and everything was at or near what it was when I took off. Idle speed was about 835 and that was about the time I would have been seeing around 925-950
at idle. Here is what I did this morning before going out. I unplugged the vacuum advance and kept the timing at 28 basic and 35 full. Then remember that phenolic 1/2 4 hole spacer I mentioned earlier well, I took it off and left it off for the first time since I had the engine back together. What I did last night was I took the carb. off and just bolted down the spacer with gasket and stuck a .002 feeler gage in at various places. One place or one corner it slid in pretty far, came close to the bore. And this spacer was bolted down tight. I could have found the problem whether it was the spacer or maybe the advance mechanism hanging up inside the dist.
It is idling a little rough but I think I can live with this. I am pretty sure the cam is causing that! I guess I real try and get down the basic timing to around 18-20. Does anyone know where I could pick up distributor springs. Any speed shops carry them? Do I just need Chrysler springs. Has anyone used (gulp)! Chevy. springs? Talk later!