Yes, I am pretty sure balancer marks are dead on.
The guy that built the engine is a pretty smart guy when it comes to rebuilding engines. It is the same balancer and crank. It is aftermarket stock replacement timing cover and the tab is seperate so he was the one that reminded me that he had to bring up TDC before bolting down the tab and cover bolts. And as far as the zero deck goes. The stocks pistons that came out were at zero deck and they have a 1.927 compression height where these KB's are at 1.913 I do believe so that makes the flat part of the pistons down in the bore approx. .014 which isn't too bad. I still have not heard any pinging at all out of the engine I think it is due to the fact that I still have not allowed my mech. timing to go past 35 degrees. I do have the Crane adjustable rockers on that I think are too loose. Not 100 percent sure on adjusting these but I have gotten some good information off these forums to put me close. I had the stock rockers on but was informed to replace them due to the cam and springs I am using and they recommend not using the stock rockers. I know that would upset vacuum if they wen't adjusted properly but not that much!I replaced the intake valley pan gasket a couple of weeks ago just in case I had a vacuum leak their. I just can;t beleive that this cam could be causing all my problems. Should I have bought a carb. that was good up to .224/.230 duration?
I can't help but to think maybe I should have gotten a Holley and or maybe stuck with the Edelbrock 750 I had for a few days and decided to take back. That was when I was still trying to get the timing right so it would idle and accelerate. The AVS650 I have I asked the Edelbrock tech guy over and over if the 650 which is only rated up to .220 at .05 cam duration and he said yes. I am going to take it out for another trip down highway then if it still is behaving the same way throw the vacuum gauge and timing light on it to see if anything has changed that would be causing it to idle faster that when I stared out. Thanks again guy's for particapating in my nighmare!!!

Last edited by superbeedave; 06/19/09 03:16 PM.