Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sticking with the facts, i think a well thought out eddie on pump gas COULD make 550, maybe a touch more, but not 600.

Were it me i would get a set of big CNC Indy smallblock heads, to where an optimal combo would make 600 or better in pump gas mode. The eddies just arent a big enough head NA to make the kind of power you are looking for

I agree and disagree. I think 600 has been done and will continue to be done with an edelbrock head. I bought mine thinking they were better OOTB than they really are, and I was just shooting for something in the 500HP+ range. I've spent as much on my Indy Edelbrocks as I could have spent on a set of indy 360-1's to be at the same point power wise. But if I had to do it again, I'd have done an Indy 360-1 head for sure.

If you're starting from scratch, I'd highly recommend passing over the edelbrock heads as you'll have a lot of $$$ in them or have a less balanced motor build by the time the edelbrocks support 600 HP. A CNC ported 360-1 will do this much more easily with less CAM and probably only a small % more $$$ to do it.

Greg

I think around 600 has been done as well, but not at 10-10.5 compression(at least that i am aware of)

that said, all dyno's are different

600 isnt the problem doing it on pupmp gas is I have a 416 at 12.8-1 with CNC Indybrocks on race gas no dyno# but calc weight and et it pushing right at 550 with a TINY solid roller so more in it for sure with a cam change.

70 duster full chassis super pro 416 CNC Indybrock heads 727 w/brake

best so far 1.212 60 6.219 in 1/8 at 110.88 9.768 at 137.81 1/4