Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would think that the pump/line setup is your issue...A stock tank pickup with a 3/8" line and a mech pump pulling for fuel is asking alot to supply a 500cu.in. motor with a big carb. I would suggest a small electric pump (Like a Holley Blue) to push the fuel up to the mech pump. Install a regulator between the pumps to limit pressure to 6.5-7.0 lbs. This will insure constent fuel supply to the mech. pump..It is better to push the fuel rather than pull it...This will correct you problem and wiring the pump t the ignition will make it as stock as possible. (No switches to remember to turn on).I have seen this problem several times on street/strip cars...poppaj

Sounds like this is where I will be headed, is my (all new) 3/8 line big enough? Holly wants the regulator by the carb. I assume that you suggest putting it between the pumps because my mechanical dosen't require a regulator and we don't want the electic fuel pump over powering the mechanical pump?

I would advise you to throw the mechanical pump in the trash and replace it with a BG HR220 electric pump. This pump has a return style regulator which is needed for street driving. Using an electric to feed a mechanical is not a good idea. If the diaphram in the mechanical fails you could get fuel pumped directly into your motor. I don't use cam driven mechanical pumps for anything.

I can see where using both an electric and mechanical pump cpould be a problem. Before I jump to an electric fuel pump I need to remove any other issues there may be.