I can appreciate the quality and durability of what some of you have done but I used plastikote engine enamel for the following reasons;

- most of these high quality spray booth type jobs look much different (better, but different) than factory. Generally way smoother and shinier.

- The plastikote seems like a very good color match. Some of the spraybooth jobs look way off.

- I like to putter around restoring little pces here and there. With the spray bombs, I can paint an oil pan or the valve covers and paint the rest or any other pces later.

- While the plasticote could scratch or get damaged by gasoline or solvents, it's also very easy to simply touch up again.

- far more convenient; no loading up the engine and taking it to the body shop and back.

- If I make changes (water pump, T-stat housing, valve covers or whatever) it's very easy to spray bomb and install. Much less hassle.

- I've used Plasticote engine enamel on every engine I've done in the last 20years and have been pleased with the product. In fact, I don't ever recall having any of it peel off or get damaged from gasoline.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that this is the way to go, but rather explain why I (and perhaps some others) chose to go this route.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]