ok - this is THE best way i have found to do it... it lasted thru a fire ( yes ) and any solvents will not touch it

you can even drop a wrench on it and it will not chip - i dented the valley pan and the paint didnt budge...

CLEAN with starting fluid to remove all leftover oils

a paint kit from Unusual automotive solutions works great for covering all the holes... ( under 20 bux)

NEXT - use 2 coats of epoxy primer.... anyone who tells you etching primer is outdated... use them side by side and you will se a difference... NO DOUBT

NEXT - 2 coats of U-TECH 3.8 hi solids polyurethane....

heres some features... its for fleet trucks...

Product Features:

- Hiding Power
- Very Flexible
- High Gloss
- Easy-To-Spray
- Fast Cure
- Long Term Durability

heres the web page
http://www.sikkens.net/default.asp?sid=65395&pid=452

2 coats of that in hemi orange and you'll never have to mess with painting your motor again... OR worring if its gonna peel...

you can try the others...BUT i just did my last motor with bill hirsch paint... it lifted when gas hit it... the 3.8 will NOT MOVE!

i did 3 motors like this in the last couple years... and it has really surprised me..

take my word for it... this is the best way to do it... my cuda had an electrical fire and it just cleaned off with brake cleaner, and i scraped the melted plastic off the block and the paint stayed... i dont know how else to tell you.

it was FINE after this....^^^^^^