Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by moparx
i noticed in your picture showing a splice to the voltage regulator from the ballast, you used a "scotch lock" [or whatever they are called]
i'm not a fan of those, as they can cut the wire strands when they are attached, and can allow moisture to wick into the spliced wires causing the dreaded "green death".
just my opinion from years of repairing wiring harness issues.
your mileage will vary.
beer

OMG!!!! 😳 Electronics 101A teaches that every connection is a potential problem and to avoid them whenever possible. You have some rewiring to do IMO.
And the U-haul connectors (scotch loks) as mentioned GOTTA GO. They're right up there with the bolt on .99 cent battery cable ends down panic beer

EDIT :
Mr. Kunkle was referring to the coil sparking when the male terminal was momentarily grounded.

With regards to the ECU, I would get the charging problem resolved as 16V will potentially fry them

If you go back to John Kunkles post
And my later Comment
EDIT :
Mr. Kunkle was referring to the coil sparking when the male terminal was momentarily grounded. IE: Ground the mail terminal on the ECU side of the distributor distributor connector, and the coil wire should emit 1 spark every time you ground it

With regards to the ECU, I would get the charging problem resolved as 16V will potentially fry them.
I also agree with the VR upgrade. There will be no resistors on the back of an electronic regulator.