I have been doing some testing. I do have a remote jumper switch to connect to the starter relay and press the button to activate the starter. But I have to work alone so if I have to check something while pressing the "start" and then hold the leads on the meter, it is difficult. But here are the results on some of the tests I have run.

I jumped the battery to the coil and tried to start, No good, still wouldn't start. I did check the voltage at the coil before starting and it was 12 volts.

I disconnected the wiring harness from the distributor, turned the key to "run" and grounded the male end of the ECU harness and pulled it away several times. No spark anywhere. So the magnetic pickup is apparently okay.
The distributor harness looked clean when I pulled it apart. I did try to start it again after putting the harness back together but no go.

I pulled the wires off of the coil and checked the ohm readings and they looked okay. So I think the coil is okay.

I did try to check the wiring colors. I have a wiring diagram from a friend that shows the wiring from the ECU to the ballast and to the coil. It is basically the same as what Sniper described but different color wires. This is a factory AC car so there are a lot of big hoses in the way at the firewall. And the wiring was done 30+ years ago before my ownership. He used different colors on the wires than either diagram shows. (White wire on the coil + that goes into a homemade wiring harness but doesn't come out at the other end.) I have to assume that it is wired correctly as it has run this way for 30+ years. See the pics below. I have looked at some of the connections and they appear old but still functioning. At this point I will change out the ECU and see if it starts. If it does then that means ECU is fried again. If so that will be the 4th one in 6 months. So that means something is overcharging somewhere. A new issue.

Any suggestions on where to get a new ECU that is of reliable quality?

There were a couple of other suggestions since the last time I checked in that I will try.
Thanks for all of the help

Ballast.jpgCoil.jpgECU Wiring.jpg