Originally Posted by 360view
Good explanations in video.

Could not spot any deliberate “spin.”

( haha - spin - when subject is tire related)

Maybe those South Korean 155 mm rounds are “a blast” to fire off ?

Spin or propaganda is simplistically defined as: "The Intentional selective use or distortion of facts with the primary purpose to sway, alter, or change another's opinion or position of the matter at hand,"

I watched the video and mainly focused on tire wear aspects mentioned, The only thing that caught my eye was the selective aspect, and the intentional part would hard to proven if even true.
That being said, keeping in mind my original claim stated here a couple of times "tire wear is mostly controlled by driving habits, accelerating, cornering and stopping, steady speed tire wear is not greatly affected by vehicle weight." was never addressed directly in the video.
What was touched on in the video was that a heavier vehicle of any design can have greater tire wear accelerating, stopping and cornering, or what can be called "driving habits". I can't speak for anyone else, but I would guess less than 2% mileage wise of my driving is accelerating, stopping or cornering.
It was also mentioned but not followed up that alleged EV's have narrower tires for less aero resistance, logic would suggest they comparably would wear faster by being narrower,
It was clearly noted that EV have greater instant torque, controlled by the "gas pedal", again a driving habit. It was also mentioned a EV tire with the greater weight must be able to handle a panic stop, which would incur greater tire wear in an EV, but still a driving habit related. I can't remember making a panic stop in or say 75K? miles.
I also submit if one accelerates with nearly the same energy in any vehicle of any comparable or greater weight, tire wear will be nearly the same, only the time needed to reach the target speed will differ.

PS My daughter has had a Prius for years, She loves it and drives the wheels off of the thing, way more aggressive than any petrol past vehicle, and brags about the high mileage.
I wonder with the very low COG and inherent less body roll, they develop less sense of their cornering speeds?

Last edited by jcc; 02/04/24 05:36 PM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.