Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
they like to bring up how your house probably already has a dryer plug, so having a charger is no big deal.
Oh yea let me open the window in my laundry room and you toss that big a$$ cable in. Oh wait, my laundry room doesn't have a window. Lucky me. My breaker box is in the garage. It should be easy to wire in a charging station. Good thing it's not on the opposite end of the house. That cable is expensive. Oh Oh, my house is already all electric and there are no open slots in the breaker box. I bet I would need a bigger service and breaker box to add that much load. Whew, good thing I have NO intention of EVER buying an EV.

That’s the type of stuff I end up explaining to people all the time. Most have zero, or less than zero, understanding of electricity. I finished out the basement and ran a wire from one end of the house to the other for a car charger. We will have a gun to our head soon enough and I didnt want to tear out everything or run it along the outside.

That piece of wire cost 476 dollars, three years ago. After 8% inflation, then 4, now 3, I’m sure that same wire is 1200 bucks.

Luckily I had plenty of room in the breaker box. Most people don’t have that kind of space and a 500 wire will be least of their worries. But hey, I hear if you have a dryer it’s all good.

I want my fair share