You can leave the column shift column in and remove the lever arm but you will have a nub on the side of the column and the shift indicator on top of the column. Kinda noticeable but functional. If you go this route use the 71 & up shift linkage.*

I prefer to swap or convert the column to floor shift.

If you find an affordable 1970 column you can swap it out. You can also install the interlock linkage if you choose.
You will need the 70 linkage for the shifter if you install the interlock linkage or 71 up floor shifter linkage if you don't use the interlock linkage.*

If you can't find a 70 Column, you can swap in a 71 or later floor shift. It will not work with the interlock linkage, so use the 71 up shifter linkage.*

E bodies used a different column shaft/tube than all the other mopars.
BUT
Good news is that the same upper column design was used from 1970 through the 80's, Converting your existing shaft & tube to 71 & Up floor shift is easy.
You will need the lower and middle portion of a floor shift column head and preferably a lower column seal. Most Mopars used a lower bearing but E bodies used a foam seal in a retainer.

Once you figure out what you want to do with the column you can make the rest work.

Some important things to consider.
1. A lot of aftermarket shifters have their own lever on the transmission. This lever is not included in the linkage kit but are extremely common being the same on nearly all 727/904 tranny's. You may need to change the lever from the one you have now since you have a B&M Shifter.
2. If you use the 70 column or a column shift column and no interlock linkage, you will want to lock the interlock/shift tube to prevent it from rotating. If it rotates out of the park position you will not be able to remove the key. An easy way to lock it is to remove the small black screw holding the wiring cover on the bottom of the column and swapping in a long screw. Unnoticeable after done.
*3. You can use the 70 shift linkage without the interlock lever by making a small spacer to take up the slack where the interlock linkage would mount. (several washers should work)

If you need help converting the column let me know. I have done more than one. They used to even sell conversion kits.