Not my sandbox, I just play in it. The BBC and Hemi issues have been around for a very long time. As a small block guy, they don’t really concern me personally. I understand the thought process of why some small block aftermarket heads are allowed, just don’t agree with it. For me, if you are going to allow an aftermarket part in, it has to be because you can’t find a useable original part. Under no circumstance should you have difficulty finding the most produce v8 head in the history of man. The small block Chevy. The next consideration should be, is an aftermarket part available to all the manufacturers. No, then you can’t allow it for one make. Recently, the Indy LA-X was approved, no one I know will run that head. There is no reason for it to be allowed. There are plenty of LA heads out there. It is by its nature a better head. It is legal, but against the spirit of the idea of the class. Also, they don’t exist. Indy stopped producing them 5+ years ago and they lost the tooling and have no intention of ever producing the head again. The result of allowing an aftermarket small block head is a performance advantage to one manufacturer that is not available to the others. That’s it. It was done to attract racers in a time of need. To be clear, I don’t care if you are out running for fun, my issue is if you contend for a record. With small blocks it should be stock castings only for record contenders. There were no “record contending” aftermarket head cars in the class. An opportunity to remove them from the small blocks was missed. Just my two cents.

best of 11.24 at 119 mph 1.60 60’. 68 340 S Barracuda Fastback F.A.S.T [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2mnnnnt.jpg[/IMG]