Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

I wish I understood the rules more but from what I understand it’s not your everyday common compound street tire. Big cubic inches. Big manifolds modified of course. Are Grids aloud to pull timing??? Any head modification that aren’t legal??? Compression limits??? What rear suspension are they allowed? I’m guessing large. And are aloud. Any ring pac rules.

The tires are reproduction bias ply tires , nothing special about them other than they hook better than the originals, some people played with traction aiding substances but it didn't really help, track prep is very good when these cars run I assume ... I haven't run since '06

Yes it's over 400 CI ,

Stock 340 A body exh castings that can be ported and polished as they see fit, 2.5 inch max pipe size to the rear bumper, stock looking mufflers in stock location , straight thru ok , X pipe ok

No idea what the grids are but they are allowed to run a digital type ignition with a stock looking dist housing.

Compression there is no limit

Rear suspension is factory stock style leafs and a race shock , no caltrac type , no slapper bars

No ring pack rules, there is a cubic inch limit on big blocks , not sure what it is on a smallblock ?

Roller cams allowed , aftermarket rockers allowed but they need to fit under a stock type valvecover 2 gaskets , no spacers ... the valvecover rule does not apply to the BBC, they can run an aftermerket that is MUCH taller , no one makes one for other makes ? fan

Thanks. I know something cam up the up the other day that I think a 1/2 inch wider wheel was allowed which would help with the footprint. I’m assuming a 904 with lite weight parts are allowed also.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time