Originally Posted by RMCHRGR
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Didn’t Ryan have a cnc program to lighten the R3 blocks years ago. I’m sure others do too.

I kinda remember that and recall it was a huge amount of work? The class rule makers would likely want you to keep the outside of the block looking 'factory' though so there's probably a limit on what you can do to it anyway. No motor plates in the class so the mount ears would have to stay and that's a bunch of weight right there. Most of the weight is in the block itself anyway with thicker main webbing and decks, lifter bosses, 4 bolt mains, etc.

I don't think that taking off anything of the outside of the block that wasn't on an original block would be an issue , the current stink is that now that the big block chevies that run alum. heads can now use the GM performance head, which is made by Edlebrock and looks NOTHING like a stock GM head even if you paint it orange, is allowed to run it like that. The excuse by one person is the hemi has been running aftermarket heads and blocks for 15 years ... ignoring that the MP block and head allowed puts MORE weight on the nose of the car ... wink wink .... Someone has been able to doctor the ebrock head to look like a GM head ... I wonder if any of those are running where they wouldn't be allowed ???

running up my post count some more .