Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by BigBlockGTS
I would use the low rise Holley Street Dominator on this build. Very low height (close to the stock intake I believe) and it makes a ton of power for what it is. It is a single plane but no real torque loss. It is the best shot at working with the air grabber with little to no mods.

Anything taller than stock with a 383 air cleaner base is going to cause the base to crush the rubber gasket harder and potentially hit the hood, the OP is lucky that there is more height under the 71 Air grabber hood but on a 69 Dodge or Plymouth that is not the case. That said I was able to run the DP4B , low deck version of the CH4B , both of which are a 1/2" taller , I didn't touch the hood but the member I recommended he run the CH4B on his 69 RR/GTX did ding his hood. Only the standard performer and the old M1 dual plane are the same height as stock ,.. that I know of.

The alternative is to run the tallest you want , performer RPM , but to modify the base to clear , there are modified bases floating around waiting to be modified more for the likes of the RPM ... I have been sitting on a modified 69 base for decades ...

A 70-72 440 air cleaner base would probably gain enough clearance for that intake and maybe enough for a Holley SD.

explain-70-440-4bbl-oval-air-cleaners-w-air-grabber

air-grabber-69-70-383-440-base-question

air-grabber-difference 383-440

Last edited by GomangoCuda; 11/03/23 12:15 PM.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.