Originally Posted by not_a_charger
State Farm is a mutual company, and the fact that their executives don't really answer to anyone and never have is why they find themselves in their current situation. Most major home/auto carriers are not mutual companies.

iagree

Mutual companies, farmer's co-operatives, utility co-operatives etc. were organized for a good reason but over the years many have lost any semblance of having effective management. I have had automobile insurance uninterrupted with SF since 1968 any yes I could be considered old. Just a few minor claims over the years. A few months ago when trying to get a policy written on the most recently completed '79 Dodge Truck full frame off factory correct resto, all I could get them to agree on was about equal to a car lot price with maybe a Maaco next day paint job. Moved that one to essentia (Hagerty) no problem. Got the renewal a few days ago on the 2016 Charger HC (driven 6k miles since new) and they (SF) have increased it to about the amount I paid the first year when it was new. Got it quoted with essentia for about half the SF rate. Hope I am not jumping from the frying pan into the fire... luck

WANTED-- DEAD or ALIVE:
'70 Duster--- VS29H0B274908-----UPDATE---ENGINE BLOCK FOUND---Still looking for the B-5 car.
'79 Power Wagon W14JE9S137761 or 763