Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Originally Posted by Hoop
Well, I all ready got a new HEAVY DUTY DOUBLE ROLLER TIMING SET off ebay because I was going to go with a stock cam, but then I was having a had time getting ahold of one, keep getting out of stock & refunded, so I order the edelbrock one from the auto parts, then I read this on jegs! "Do not use late model timing chain and gear sets that are designed for emission-controlled engines. They are machined in a retarded position and are not recommended for this camshaft installation. Use Performer-Link Timing Chain Gear Set 350-7803 or similar set."... This is the one I got off eBay, so I'm wondering should I use it or get the edelbrock one? https://www.ebay.com/itm/133134084872

You should degree every one. I trust none.
iagree If you don't know how to do that and don't have the proper tools to degree the cam, get help or have someone who knows how to degree them properly do that for you wrench up You won't be sorry for getting it (the new cam) installed properly, trust me on that up
Some the new timing sets have the dot on the cam gear between teeth, not directly under one or the other puke whiney That can make the difference of having the cam installed properly or being retarded 12 degrees tskscope panic

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)