Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
Did you folks look at the pic of his car? Read his posts, look at the cam link he posted? Its a stocker with oem manifolds and AC and hes putting in a near stock cam. Oem springs? Looks like the not so super high rpm street master intake?

That ebay set he bought is the same as the older oem double roller and is currently sold under one of maybe 10 brand names made by the same vend.

Here is one from the 80-s (sealed power) and is simply an oem replacement. More or less the same as today, maybe a bit better chain maybe not.

Is easy to spend others money and I think we all forget what we did before the internet.

Anyone here posting ever break a oem double roller in a stock motor?

So I should not use the one in my pics in a stock 340 build? Baaa.... craziness. Yea roll masters are good if your spinning 7500 with roller cam springs, they are a much better race made setup. Never had an issue with one but what requires a simple street car to have one in it? How dumb would one look if you went to a weekend show and while looking at a near stock 318 the owner pops off... its got a roll master chain/ billet gear set...... then folks would be silently asking themselves "WHY". Thats 350 chevy guy craziness.

Yeah, the Cloyes crap I put in a stock 318, stock cam and springs. In 6 months the chain was sloppy enough to require replacement. Looks just like the one in the Ebay pictures to me, btw at Rockauto the Cloyes is half the price of the Ebay one, identical right down to the markings. But hey, replacing a timing set in the car is a rite of passage, right?

What was it Forrest Gump's mama used to say?