This feels like a silly question but I am only a dumb hobbyist and don't have much practical shop experience.

I need to get the transmission out of my 67 Coronet for a rebuild. I have only ever swapped the engine, the trans has never been out.

Last time I did a trans job on another car, I bought super-tall jackstands to get the thing out from the bottom. Felt very iffy, but most of my difficulty was reaching a ton of weird bellhousing bolts because it was on a 90s BMW and not a 60s American car.

I am wondering if it would save me overall time and effort to just yank the thing out with the engine as a single unit?

I have the mid-sized Harbor Freight shop crane and a load leveler. I've pulled the engine out of the thing before with the same setup. Would you judge it more effort to remove the hood, remove the gas lines/coolant lines/headers/etc and pull the whole shebang, or do it from underneath?

I don't have any kind of a lift, I only have a floor jack. I do have a big truck-sized transmission jack. I'm wondering if I am making too much out of worming around on the floor again, or if it is not that big of a deal to do. What would you say?

1967 Dodge Coronet Deluxe station wagon

1.03" T-bars, QA1 arms/rods, Cordoba/GM Metric/Volare brake & knuckle, XHDs, Hellwig rear sway, 318 Magnum w/ air gap, 727, 3.23s