Originally Posted by mattsmopars
In regard to the above statement on the 1 looking like an I and the 7 I’m going to post a 71 hemi super bee block for reference with that same font. Also there are several cases where the factory hand stamped the vin on a block, and the gang stamp was not used I assume not to stall production when an issue came up. When you get into studying vin stamping several things make a difference, such as assembly plant, time frame of the build, ext. I have even seen some vins be stamp totally above the machine surface, into the raw casting area.
Matt

The problem with these ones that aren’t in a gang is you will always face questions when you sell. Somebody with a stamp kit, wild imagination, and copious amounts of time can spin up plausible scenarios all day long. You just never know if it will all unravel one day. What if a block shows up with your vin and what’s in the car is already supposed to be the original? Or maybe the next guy(s) won’t care anyway and it matters not.

Contrast this cuda with the 70 hemi bee on BaT getting all the raves right now. The numbers thing is merely a line in the ad and then a couple pics. The buzz around the car is how awesome it is, and some super minor stuff like rivets are the only demerits. When the buyer decides to move on, next time will likely be the same. People are laser focused on the numbers on the cuda, instead of talking about what a great car it is. If you buy a car with a story to be believed, what would one expect when they decide it’s time to sell? Somebody a few posts back said it can be hard to understand why the big guns come out for a car, when it’s a no compromises purchase it makes sense.

I want my fair share