My comments pertained to the perception that a VIN stamping must be perfect or identical to authentic components.
My comments on this car in no way suggested either way on this car’s stampings as to do so in a Public forum could have its consequences. As could comments suggesting some form of deception or fraud when all that person has observed is a scan of multiple scans of a photo. Some keyboard jockeys have no idea who is an owner or who is behind a car and their disposition or eagerness to challenge what has been said publicly. On a whim, they could outspend any of us in court just for the fun of it. When it comes down to it who of us could testify with 100% certainty that it was intended fraud. None of us were there the day the stampings were made.

If you read a Dave Wise report you will find a disclaimer that explains the reasoning for not claiming ‘absolutes’. It is a serious Liability issue.

I have seen this car first hand, many years ago, and at that time suggested the car was not a ‘survivor’ by any stretch. Very few of these Cudas survived completely intact and 100% original. Games are played these days enhancing ‘survivor’ cars with better used original parts. Should this be acceptable? It happens all the time.

On the whole, this Cuda is an extremely good Hemi Cuda. I have no issue with the casting and assembly dates as nothing was cast in stone on how the components we sequenced . As far as stamping being identical, what happened if a component failed prior to shipping? Was the line held up while an engine or transmission was replaced? Not likely. That vehicle would be set aside and dealt with. Would the factory ensure the stamping of the new component was identical?

Taking into account the unibody, documentation, factory options and Hemi Cuda 4 speed car, this Cuda is one I would certainly support purchasing for more than the number suggested by others here. If you need a reference for pricing please refer to the FJ5 Hemi Cuda sold at Mecum Glendale 2023. A poorly restored, unfinished, column automatic converted 1970 Cuda.

Many here may not appreciate where the Market has gone in the last few years, me included. But to think in a Market that good 1971 340 Cudas are selling at $130,000 and well above, that a real 1970 Hemi 4 speed Cuda will sell below $200,000 does not seem accurate to me.

'.. it was long ago and it was far away, and it was so much better than it is today..'
Jim Steinman