I remember thinking modern muscle was a little hokey and the modern charger was funny looking, it was not all that.

One very smooth ride in the back seat of an SRT8 charger at 140MPH, for around 10 minutes straight, convinced me.

And it could still stop, and turn, and act fairly normal at those speeds. And it was totally stock.

I remember thinking there was nothing special about a plain old boring 4 door 5.7 LX, wrong again, they can do damn near the same thing at only a little less MPH.

I remember thinking these big heavy boats can't handle. Then I started testing an AWD LX wagon around a 90 degree turn with no braking.
I got up to 40 MPH and couldn't take it anymore. Slightest chirp from the tires.

Then (thanks Keith) I went to the SRT track experience.
You're the one driving 140+ on a race track in a stock car with no modifications. Safely.

A vehicle is more than it's styling, but whatever styling it has reflects the way vehicles were all built during that timeframe. Just the way it is.
You want 1970 builds, you aren't going to get them with anything other than that. Stay with the old, that's the only place it exists.

I love both. Styling of both is what it is. For overall performance the new stuff wins.
The old cars had compromised styling too in different ways.

Always much more a B body person than E body anyway, so the larger newer models, even in 4 doors are a better fit for me.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri