yes, stated value is terrible, they can question value at claim time

Originally Posted by second 70
Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Originally Posted by Dcuda69
Originally Posted by topside
I've had a couple of different insurers on the toys, but switched to Hagerty some years back.
Ran a shop a few years ago where we repaired/restored classic vehicles, and Hagerty was great to deal with.
They're also invested in the hobby.
Switched a few of my later-model limited-use vehicles over to them, too.
Rather than look for the cheapest rate, look for best service and best fit for your vehicle(s) and how you use them.
All will require proper garaging & non-daily-driver use.

Interesting. I use my regular insurer for my 69 B'cuda(AmFam) and it's very reasonable because it wears a collector plate and is limited use. They also carry my '18 Mustang GT convert and they are VERY happy to charge me for that one even though it is limited use. There is only 2 of us in the house and we have daily drivers insured with them also so both of those cars are "pleasure vehicles" but because that Mustang can't wear a collector plate and is considered a performance sports car....they charge me for it. I didn't realize Hagerty did late model stuff.....time to go shopping! Thanks!

FWIW, AmFam does not offer Agreed Value coverage.

I see AmFam calls it stated amount coverage Is that a way to try and under pay you in a loss?

5549 post on old board