Forum owners see the reduced traffic and some either don't comment or dismiss it as being untrue. It reminds me of how officials in California won't talk about the many productive citizens that are leaving the state.
When I joined this site 12 years ago, it was the 800 lb gorilla. Since then, it seems that very few young, new members join while the older crowd posts less and less. FBBO and FABO seem to be either holding steady or gaining ground. Why is that?
It used to be that this site had heavy handed Moderators but it seems that they have backed off from their extreme actions. I used to get banned frequently for making political comments but since the Current Event forum came online, I haven't had a problem. I have mellowed out a lot though. I'm not as quick tempered and impulsive so I am probably not on the radar like before.
I see young, middle and "seasoned" enthusiasts joining in at FBBO almost daily. FABO probably does as well, I don't know since I am far more active at FBBO.
The Infolinks garbage has chased many away. I don't know if Tom is compliant to it or held hostage by it. I am not an expert on computers and internet politics. Maybe Google has his hands tied to where he is contractually obligated to push what they want. If that is the case, oh boy......That is a velvet noose for sure.