Originally Posted by clovis
I am going to go with a picture is worth a thousand words. The angle of the oil hole creates the need for the lower adjuster position in order to oil the cup. When I measure the distance from the bottom of the rocker to the ball, I get about .425 (the picture is not dead above so it looks like there is more). When I measure the cup adjuster, I get .185 and when you subtract the distance to the actual bottom of the cup you can subtract another .115, so net is .070. This reduces the pivot point by .355.

That adjuster is too far out. Set it at .287 down. That’s where it goes, per Chrysler.

I’m not going to type all of out but you are trying to re-engineer something that works.

The LAST a thing you want is to try and get the oil to squirt into the cup. It wasn’t designed that way. It needs to hit the adjuster above the ball and then run into the cup. And that’s per Chrysler.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it is highly unlikely that the hole in the shaft even lines up with the hole in the rocker. That’s on Chrysler.

Last edited by madscientist; 01/17/23 11:28 PM.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston