Originally Posted by clovis
These are Crane Gold rockers and I bought the PRW adjusters to pick up some lift, as I was losing over .020 with the Crane ball adjusters. Because the oil hole points so low you have to run 3-4 threads showing on an already tall adjuster, so the kick-out is pretty extreme. It looks like if I just relieve a small portion where the flat meets the round I could pick up .030-.040 and adjuster would sit flat on rocker and possibly distribute the load a little better. I do not have pushrods yet but while shopping I did noticed there is better pricing, more availability and more options (i.e. tapered) to certain sizes, so having a little more room to adjust and getting the pushrod as long and strong as possible is a goal. You can find some pretty nice NASCAR leftovers on the cheap. I am running a mild flat tappet so I am only 150/350 on spring pressure so I don’t feel like I am pushing anything stress wise well I do spin it 7,000.

If you are losing that much lift you have the adjuster too far out.

If you read the Chrysler engine book they tell you EXACTLY a how far out the adjuster should be with the oil feed hole in that location.

It is 9/32 inch. There is a plus minus and I *think* it’s plus zero, minus .020 but it could be the other way around.

There should be no threads to maybe one thread showing. That’s it. Screw an adjuster in there and set it at 9/32 and see what it looks like. If you had 3 or 4 threads showing you’re doing it wrong.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston